Praise for Under Fortunate Stars
"Destined to be one of the breakout science fiction novels of 2022."
– Michael Mammay, author of the Planetside series
"A wholly original and compulsively readable story. Exciting, funny, truthful."
– Una McCormack, NYT-bestselling science fiction author
"An absolute must-read for anyone needing a little hope."
– K.B. Wagers, author of Hold Fast Through the Fire
"A twisty, enthralling space-time opera. Fortunate readers, and a future star."
– Stephen Baxter, Philip K. Dick & BSFA Award-winning SF author
"Lovingly fuses a sprawling cast of charmingly flawed characters and a plot with many moving parts into a smooth and satisfying whole."
– Publishers Weekly
“An immensely fun space opera adventure, chock full of surprises and wonderful characters. Fans of Becky Chambers and Valerie Valdes will love this.”
– John Appel, author of Assassin's Orbit
“An engaging space saga with time-travel twists, and a compelling look at how past and future are created not only by those who live it but those who record it.”
– Library Journal (Starred Review)
"A fun, puzzle box of a mystery!"
– Megan E. O'Keefe, author of Velocity Weapon
"One of the best books I've read this year."
– Gareth L. Powell, BSFA Award-winning author of Embers of War
“An engrossing interstellar escapade with appeal for fans of Becky Chambers, Alex White, and S.K. Dunstall.”
“Boasting a heart full of hope, captivating characters you can’t help but root for, and a breathless, high-octane mystery... The kind of space opera we need right now.”
– Karen Osborne, author of Architects of Memory
"Smart, slick, and mind-blowingly twisty... Woven with crackling wit, this is an unmissable debut."
– Claire Winn, author of City of Shattered Light
"An engrossing mystery gene-spliced with a thrilling sci-fi adventure, Under Fortunate Stars feels like a newly unearthed classic that’s miraculously stood the test of time."
– SJ Whitby, author of the Cute Mutants series
"An electrifying mix of wild ideas, vivid far futures and good fun."
– Eeleen Lee, author of Liquid Crystal Nightingale
‘Under Fortunate Stars manages to tease out the familiar, best parts of the genre – and then flip them inside out.’
“An entertaining, engrossing read.”